COLLECTION OF TROPHIES
PLACE OF COLLECTION:
Trophy Solutions Africa is situated in Limpopo Province and will collect trophies (seven or more), free of charge in the following provinces of South Africa:
TIMING OF COLLECTION:
Once the client has completed his/her Safari, he/she can arrange with the Hunting Outfitter or Professional Hunter to contact us for collection of the trophies. We will then agree on a date and time to collect trophies. Alternatively, you can inform us before your Safari commences, to arrange a date and time of collection with the Outfitter. The sooner the collection can take place, the sooner the the trophies will arrive back at their new "home".
The cost for collection of Trophies is included in our prices.
CHECKING OF TROPHIES:
On collection we go through each and every trophy, together with the Outfitter, Professional Hunter or representative of the company. We ascertain ourselves that all trophies are in good order and that they are properly tagged. We do not accept responsibility for hair slip caused by poor field preparation of trophies. This is the responsibility of the Hunting Outfitter. All trophies are recorded on a TSA Collection Register, of which the Hunting Outfitter receives a copy after it has been signed by the responsible person.
On return to our office, all data is captured on our system and a copy of the Collection Register is sent to the client. The client needs to confirm that all different species and trophy parts were collected.
Processing of trophies will only commence once confirmation is received from the client.
COLLECTION OF DOCUMENTATION:
Together with the trophies, all necessary documentation is also collected. This documentation includes the following:
- A copy of the PH Register (SA Professional Hunter Register and Trophy Export Application), signed by the client, the professional hunter and the hunting outfitter,
- A Hunting Permit (depending on the species/province where hunt took place), signed by the client,
- CITES Import Permit into foreign Country for CITES Appendix I species (if applicable). Please check under "General Info" / "CITES" for the list of CITES Species,
- Nature Conservation Exemption Permit,
- Transfer of Hunting Rights from Land Owner to Hunting Outfitter (if not hunting on own property),
- Permission to hunt from Outfitter to Client,
- A TOPS Hunting Permit, if applicable, signed by the client. Please check under "General Info" / "TOPS" for the list of TOPS Species.
Should we NOT receive all the relevant documentation together with the trophies on collection day, we will NOT commit ourselves in having the trophies ready for export in 99 days. Our issuing authorities have a standard waiting period of 30 working days, which is six weeks. Most of the time we get the permits long before the said period, but sometimes they do take their 30 (working) days!
Should any hunting permit / document not be signed by the respective client, we will again NOT commit ourselves to our 99 day guarantee. This will result in us having to scan a copy of the said document to the client which he/she will then have to sign after which it has to be re-scanned and returned. Most of the time this process is quite time consuming...
LOADING OF TROPHIES:
Once all trophies are checked, they are carefully loaded on our vehicle and closed with purpose made tarpaulins for safe transportation to our processing facility..
TRANSPORTATION OF TROPHIES:
All trophies are transported by TSA with utmost care and respect, but are anyway insured for ZAR 1,000,000.00 (± US$ 135,000.00) per load against accidents and hi-jacks, which may result in damage or loss of a trophy.